What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is extra funding given to schools by the government to help raise the attainment of pupils.
It is paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have been registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years or have been in care for 6 months or longer.
What we want to achieve through Pupil Premium funding:
- raise levels in Reading, Writing and Maths
- support and extend children’s learning
- provide opportunities for children to widen their experiences
- support children’s emotional and social development
- build strong and positive relationships with parents
What will Pupil Premium provide at St. Matthew’s?
- One to One teaching
- Small group teaching out of class
- Guided group work in class
- Breakfast and after school clubs
- Visits and visitors
- Support workshops for parents
- Informal drop in sessions and events for parents
- Enrichment activities
Children may take part in a range of these activities at different times according to their needs.
If your child is eligible, Pupil Premium will be paid to the school, even if your child does not take up the option of free school meals and they will still have access to the school’s Pupil Premium provision.
If you think you may be eligible, please apply!
You can apply online by collecting an application form from the school office.